Viper Nation Education Foundation
VNEF Gala Event Planning Committee – Multiple positions
Gala Event Planning Committee members solicit sponsorships, plan and coordinate activities to host the Four Points event of the year! This committee will be comprised of area residents which have experience in the following areas:
- Soliciting live and silent auction items from local retail and community partners.
- Experience with event planning.
- Relationship building with sustaining partners as annual sponsors.
VNEF Campus Representatives at each of the eight (8) Viper Nation Schools
Supporting the foundation by serving as a liaison between your child’s school and the VNEF Executive Director is one of the most important volunteer jobs we have!
The duties of this position include:
- Helping the Executive Director communicate to your community (via school and PTA emails) about VNEF events, especially the annual Viper Nation Gala, the Four Points Party of the Year!
- Informing your school’s staff and PTA when the VNEF Impact Grant applications are open to receive applications.
- Attending the very fun VNEF award day, when representatives award Impact Grants (usually in May) to surprised teachers.
- Keeping the Executive Director informed of any educational opportunities for improvement where VNEF may support your school.
VNEF Summer Library Program Coordinator
This position leads VNEF’s summer library partnership with Leander ISD. The duties of this position include:
- Working with district library personnel in scheduling three “edu-tainers” such as Joe McDermott to perform.
- With assistance from the librarians, scheduling the parent and student volunteers through SignUpGenius.com.
VNEF Marketing/PR Committee – Multiple positions
VNEF has formed a marketing and public relations committee to facilitate building awareness of the foundation, its various initiatives and events. This committee will comprise of area residents that have experience in the following areas:
- Writing press releases and articles for area publications
- Experience with social media management.
- Web site/content management (WordPress)