Iris Wong Memorial Fund for the Creative Arts
Thank you for wishing to honor Iris Wong.
To make a donation in her honor, please click below:
It saddens me to announce the untimely death
of my beloved wife Iris and mother of our 2 children.
Iris passed away on Sunday July 16, 2017,
following her fight with breast cancer.
We will be having a memorial service for her in New York City on Aug 5,
as well as a one in Austin at a later date.
We request that in lieu of flowers, please make a donation
to the Iris Wong Memorial Fund for the Creative Arts.
Iris always had a deep love and appreciation for art and everything creative.
To honor her spirit, the fund will give a scholarship for someone who expresses similar passion and appreciation for the creative arts and looking to pursue a major in it.
I want to support Viper Nation Education Foundation.
Thank you for considering a gift to Viper Nation Education Foundation.
Below are two ways to give;
to the Fund-A-Need initiative, and to K-12 Academic Programming.
The 2017 Viper Nation Gala Fund-A-Need is dedicated to supporting two initiatives:
Phase II of the Vandegrift Scholar Lab
VNEF funded programs for High School and College Readiness
- 70% of this year’s Fund-A-Need donations will be dedicated to Phase II of Vandegrift High School’s Scholar Lab*: Phase II of the transformation of the Vandegrift Library will create a media and technology supportive, collaborative workspace that does not currently exist but is greatly needed at Vandegrift High School. Having spent 3 years studying the transformation of college campus libraries into technology-driven collaborative work spaces, LISD’s new Superintendent, Dr. Dan Troxell, supports this project.
- 30% of this year’s Fund-A-Need donations will be dedicated to High School and College Readiness Programs –Existing VNEF-supported programs for middle and high school students, such as the 8th grade PSAT, Naviance, College JumpStart, PSAT Boot Camp, and in-school SAT support. These are some of VNEF’s most valued programs for our students. With these funds, we hope to strengthen our high school and college readiness programs, especially for the students who need extra academic support the most. Read more about Viper Nation Education Foundation High School and College Readiness Programs.
Viper Nation Education Foundation
provides annual financial support to the following successful initiatives.
- Impact Grants to Educators in all 8 Viper Nation schools. ($35k – $45k/year)
- UIL Academic Competition ($3k/year)
- Professional Development for Teachers (Annual amount varies)
- Robotics for elementary, middle and high school ($7k-$8k/year)
- STEM/Science Fairs ($500/year per elementary school)
- Digital books for Overdrive, summer library programming, Makerspace stations and Book Swap at Cups and Cones ($1k-$4k/year)
- Four Points Homework Help, run by VHS students ($1.5k/year)
Your financial contributions will ensure their continuation during the 2017-2018 school year.
*Fund-A-Need donor recognition wall: As promised during the 2016 Fund-A-Need drive, a donor recognition wall is still part of the VHS Library project. It will honor all those who have participated at the $500 level (one child’s name), and the $1,000 level and above (names of all children in the family). New levels of donations to Phase II of the project will also be honored, so that this wonderful asset for Vandegrift can be realized.
To save us the 2.9% PayPal fee, please send in your check for a donation to:
Viper Nation Education Foundation
2900 North Quinlan Parkway, Suite B-240 PMB 109, Austin, Texas, 78732
Thank you supporters of Viper Nation Education Foundation!